Our family teams are made up of friends, family members, and co-workers who are committed to raising money to help drive JDRF’s goal to improve the life of every personaffected by T1D. The tremendous success of family teams results largely from having all team members donate and fundraise on behalf of JDRF.
In 2011, family teams raised $38 million. JDRF applauds these teams for this outstanding accomplishment and for the time and energy dedicated to raising money for T1D!
1. Develop your list!
- Start by gathering names from your email addresses/address book, holiday card list or social networking sites like Facebook.
- Think about the people you see everyday in your place of worship, the parent’s of your children’s teammates, members of organizations you belong to, business contacts, school contacts, or families of your children’s schoolmates.
- Don’t forget about the people from your past such as former classmates, neighbors, coworkers, teachers of alumni organizations.
- Ask the people you see everyday at your local dry cleaner, grocery store or child’s doctors office.
- Send letters to those not as close like your grandparents, aunts and uncles and other close family members.
2. Write your personal story!
- Share what it’s like for you or your loved one to live with T1D.
- Provide some facts about JDRF.
- Share your personal fundraising goal with EVERYONE!
- Ask people to register and fundraise for you and your team!
3. Create your personal web page!
- JDRF offers onine fundraising tools that can be personalized and will enhance your fundraising. Once your web page is set up, you can email friends and family to invite them to donate to you and join your team. You can also track your team’s progress with just the click of a button.
4. Share your story!
- Now that you’ve developed your mailing list and written your personal campaign, now you can share it! Don’t forget to follow up with those you have not heard from because sometimes people just need a friendly reminder.
5. Collect any offline donations!
- As it gets closer to Walk Day, begin tallying up your offline donations (checks and cash).
- Make sure all checks are made payable to JDRF.
- We encourage you to drop off any cash or check donations to our office the week prior to the Walk. Be sure to include the Walker Donation Information Form with these donations to make sure they are accuratley processed.
- Since we love to hear your progress, make sure you keep us updated on your progress.
6. Walk and have fun!
- You’ve shared your story with your family and friends, and have met your goal! Now all you have to do is show up and enjoy time with your family and friends.
- JDRF Walks are family-friendly and they held at great locations where there will be plenty of entertainment, food, and kids’ activities.
7. Say “Thank You!”
- Last, but surely not least, make sure you express your thanks to everyone that donated and supported you.
If you need any assistance, feel free to contact us! We would love to hear from you.